- This event has passed.
February 5, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
The Riverbend Skate Path will host the first annual FriluftFest on Saturday, February 5, 2022 from 11am to 7pm. This event is based on the Nordic concept of Friluftsliv, which translates literally as “open air living” and means “to embrace the outdoors, in all weather.” Playing on several Scandinavian words, local businesses will host stations along the path that feature a specific theme:
– Lake of the Woods Coffee Company | Fika [fee-ka], Swedish, “coffee and cake with friends”
Open 12 – 2 pm, Free will offering coffee and snacks
– Lake of the Woods Brewing Company | Utepils [Oo-ta-pils], Norwegian, “To drink beer outside”
Open all day, $15 growler deals
– Northern Toboggan | Moro i snøen [moro ee snawn], Norwegian, “Fun in the snow”
Available 1 – 5 pm, Try out Toboggans and snowshoes or take a ride behind a
snowmobile at Lake of the Woods Brewery
– Doc’s Harbor Inn | Sisu [see-soo], Finnish, “perseverance, determination, strength, will”
Relay races, pond hockey tournament, figure skating performance
– Landin’s Landing | Hygge [hoo-ga], Danish, “comfort and coziness”
Relax by the fire pit and get comfortable by the fire
– Doug’s Supermarket | Smörgåsbord
Available 4 – 6pm at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company, enjoy a range of
FRED Robotics will be hosting a free will offering lunch of hot dogs and hot cocoa at Doc’s Harbor Inn concessions from 11:30am to 1:30pm with all proceeds going to the path. Concession huts will be up and available all day selling treats and Riverbend Skate Path gear.
The event will end with a candlelight skate in celebration of the path and the way it has brought the community together. Ice lanterns created by the Boy Scouts and votives donated by Lake of the Woods Wax & Soap Company will be set out for additional ambiance as skaters go by with their own battery-operated candles.
For more information about the event or the Riverbend Skate Path, visit \ riverbendskatepath.com or check out @riverbendskatepath on Facebook and Instagram.