Northborn Days is a NEW 3-day festival to be held at Allison Park on June 10-12 in Warroad. The event celebrates the “Northborn” spirit of the people who live in Northern Minnesota and features activities that highlight the town’s history, showcases the artisans of the region with a Makers Market, food trucks and ends with a music festival featuring bands from across Minnesota.
The 3-day festivities will include:
• Northborn Birthday Party on Thursday, June 10 starting at 3 p.m. Kids are encouraged to come in cowboy/cowgirl attire and enjoy games, activities, crafts, food, and an outdoor movie showing with free popcorn! All are welcome to a community picnic starting at 3 p.m. that is open to the public at no cost.
• Northborn Games begin Friday, June 11 starting at 3 p.m. and again is open to the public at no cost. Activities are designed to play to the interests of the park’s namesake and the 120-year history of Warroad with a competitive Olympics twist. The day will also include a food fundraiser to support Warroad Community Partners. At 6 p.m., Warroad Sings Jr. kicks off the night and leads into the Warroad Sings competition, the 7th annual event featuring local vocal talent at the outdoor amphitheater. Bring your lawn chairs!
• The celebration will culminate with the all-day Northborn Music Festival on Saturday. This is the ONLY ticketed event of the weekend. Music will begin at noon with Downtown Horns, a nine-piece band that rocked the amphitheater during the award-winning October Festival in 2019. At 3 p.m. beer gardens will open with Van and the Free Candies on the stage. You will also hear the music of Ginstrings, Good Morning Bedlam, and Coyote Kid, while enjoying a Food
Truck Festival, Makers Market, yoga, ax throwing, and more! Tickets must be purchased to get in the gates. Tickets are only $20 for a full day of entertainment. This was made possible in part by a grant provided by the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council with funds appropriated by the Minnesota State Legislature from its general fund, the Northwest Minnesota Foundation Communities Thrive Grant, and a grant through Minnesota Energy Resources.
Warroad Community Partners is the proud organizer of this 3-day festival. “We wanted to create an event that celebrates the people up here and what it truly means to be “Northborn.” said Sarah Homme, Director of Events and Activities. “We see community events as a way to bring people together and showcase what is unique about the community in a way that reaches all age groups, bringing entertainment to locals and tourists alike,” said Taylor Okeson, Co-event Designer.
Tickets and more information can be found at Warroad Community Partners
- Thursday, June 10, 2021 | 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, June 11, 2021 | 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, June 12, 2021 | 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Northborn™ Music Festival Admission: $20.00; children 17 and under at free