Warroad Border Crossing Update
CBC News Reports the federal government is dropping all COVID-19 measures at borders beginning Saturday, Oct. 1, 2022 “meaning travelers will no longer need to provide proof of vaccination when entering Canada or wear masks on planes and trains.
As of Oct. 1, all travelers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
- Submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
- Provide proof of vaccination;
- Undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
- Carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
- Monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada;
- Undergo health checks for travel on air and rail;
- Or wear masks on planes and trains.
Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos said Monday’s decision is not a sign Canada is out of the pandemic, but said the government’s data showed the importation of new variants was no longer having an effect on the evolution of the virus in country.”